Old 21-11-2011, 11:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_3_] Maroochy[_3_] is offline

Default New House, new garden- - Windsong.jpg

Sj wrote:
This is the house we built on Topsail Island, NC, once
our kids were off to college ... took us 9 months to build,
in a tract of maritime oaks, 500' in from the ocean, 2nd
row, so felt relatively safe from hurricanes ... lived there
20 glorious years before we moved to get closer to
medical facilities ...

Am in contact w/ the people who bought & live there
now .. have seen pics of both the outside & inside &
am very happy to see the excellent care being given
to the house we built

Our garden consisted of a very large gardenia plant we
brought down from upstate NY (which flourished!) &
some flowers & veget/herbs such as marigolds, zinnias,
tomatoes, parsley, chives. basil, marjoram ...

I think I've seen this before.
Do I detect a certain amount of wistfulness that you left Topsail Island?
You seem to mention that you once lived there quite alot.