Old 05-12-2011, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default Santa Barbara Twigs

Am 04.12.2011 23:02, schrieb Mad Cow:
In hway.telekom.at,
writes
I cut Barbara's twigs today. This is an old custom here (Austria). They
should flower on Xmas Eve or at least until New Year. These are taken
from a peach tree. One could also cut them from cherry, plum or apricot
trees, very popular are also forsythias.

G W

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Charming custom, nice picture.

Here we take no chances: evergreen branches are traditional though most
of my neighbours have garish plastic.

Thanks Evergreens with candles on it are traditional here too (Advent
Wreaths). Though I prefer Barbara Twigs because of the lack of falling
needles. It is also a good use for remains of pruning.