Old 14-08-2011, 12:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMckoi ReelMckoi is offline

Default Record Setting Temperatures

"JB" wrote in message
Set an all time high (115) and fifth highest (108) temperature last week
during a string of 100+ degree days and drought conditions. Glad I have so
much water lily surface cover on my pond to provide shade for my fish. I
expected to see some losses but, knock on wood, there were none. I did
slow down feeding my fish, gave them a day or two off the feed. Not sure
why I did this but it seemed the thing to do.

Was it?

They would need more food in the heat as it would speed their
metabolisms.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.