Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Oven Roasted Water Lilies

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:45:17 EDT, JB wrote:

On 8/28/2011 6:05 AM, ~ jan wrote:

JB, have you used any pond additives, like algaefix, or sludge eater, etc.?
I know a couple out there will cause this. BZT does not.

Otherwise, it could just be heat stress, but I would have thought that
would have happened with triple digits. Are you getting wind with the now
90 degree temps? Wind pushing the pads off the surface and the
heat/sun/wind drying them out, perhaps? ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

~jan, I've added nothing to the pond. Fish seem healthy, I've not had
any losses since initiating water changes in the spring.

My best guess, is the damage was done when it was hot, but didn't show up
till later, when it just happen to be cooling off. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us