Old 22-12-2011, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default oversize parsnips

"hugh" wrote

Report in DT the other day that parsnips in Norfolk were too large to be
accepted by supermarkets. The reason given the dry weather!!

Didn't have that effect on mine -but then mine were grown from organic
seed.
Maybe some genetic engineering gone a bit wrong?

The ones I've dug up so far have been smaller than usual, normally ours are
huge great things and I always have to break off the root to get them out.
Mind, they were difficult to germinate this year, even worse than usual, so
I did have to reseed half of them.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.