Old 22-12-2011, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Flower identification requested

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:02:32 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message
,
Dave Hill writes
On Dec 22, 9:15*pm, "Mervyn James" wrote:
Could anyone identify this flower for me please?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelaid...nd_fauna/65558...

Ta,

Minge

A bit more info would help as would a better pic.
Looks as if you are in OZ, was the picture taken there?

It looks like Coreopsis tinctoria, a not uncommon constituent of wild
flower mixes, but native to North America.

The foliage is indistinct in the photograph but the blooms look
similar to a form of chrysanthemum that I've seen online advertised as
something called "crazy daisies".

Agreeing with Davie that location and also date of photo would be
helpful as would be one showing the foliage a bit more clearly.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dry end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is.