Old 23-12-2011, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Hans-Jörg Baur Hans-Jörg Baur is offline

Default How do I get Dendrobioum blooming?

Am 03.10.2011 14:59, schrieb Hans-Jörg Baur:
Am 02.10.2011 21:35, schrieb Ray:
On 10/2/2011 5:35 AM, Hans-Jörg Baur wrote:
Hello,

we habe 2 dendrobium orchids that grow well, but do not bloom. I read
that a dicrease in temperature of about 5 degree will get them blooming,
but taht die not work. They are on a east side windows sill.

Any Ideas?

We gave ours LOTS of light (about 14 hours per day in the window and
under the grow light) and actually moved them to an old refrigerator
(about 40F)for a few days to get the plant think that it was winter.

Thanks, sounds good, I'll try something similar.
Hans-Jörg

Hello,

we have the two dendrobium orchids in a cool place. We put a light near
the plants and one of the two started blooming.

Thank you for the good advice.

Hans-Jörg