Old 24-12-2011, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default stealing holly

In article , wrote:
Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. :-)

Also, despite claims by the Money-Fearing church, taking wild holly
from private property is NOT A CRIME. It is dubiously even a civil
matter. Wild plants and animals are not property, despite the
attempts of the monetarist thieves to make them so, from the reign
that infamous Norse-Normandy reiver, William the *******.

http://wealthandwant.com/docs/Goose_commons.htm

That doesn't justify taking a vehicle and stripping a tree, because
that IS a civil offence and (since the unspeakable recent Act)
possibly a criminal one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.