Old 26-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Paul Rix Paul Rix is offline
Registered User

Location: Norfolk U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardAllen View Post
yes , i know that ! You can use HPS grow light and you can also use LED grow light ,if you don't mind , i can offer you some infomation about both of them .

Hi,
Unfortunetly I don't know wether orchids need red or blue light, as they tend to like a bit of shade I would have thought it is more likely they would be in the blue camp. But that is only a guess.
What I do know is Tomatoes need blue light [florescent tubes] and chrysanthemums need red [tungsten filament bulbs] and one doesn't work well on the other. I noticed a thread on orchids, try asking on there.
All the best Paul Rix [oldgeezer]