Old 26-12-2011, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default What is it?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 16:07:30 -0800 (PST), NT
wrote:

The berries look like cotoneaster, but the leaves don't.
http://tinypic.com/r/20hq8tv/5

thanks, NT

There are several cotoneasters that have large leaves and a few that
have broad large leaves, such as cornubia. Someone else has suggested
viburnum but AFAIK, at this time of year, the only ones bearing
berries wouldn't bear such green leaves - I'm assuming a current
photo.

The age and size of the bush this cutting came from will help to
narrow down the species.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is when it stops raining!