Old 27-12-2011, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Potatoes ?

Bob Hobden wrote:
I'm not sure about T & M, have found they often send stuff much too late for
planting at the proper time. Certainly some stuff has been inferior quality
too.

I have to admit to having some problems with T+M quality. We keep getting
seduced by their sale items, though. :-/

Had terrible trouble last year with a set of penstemons. 3x6 colours, 6
were a bit ropey when they arrived, and never pulled through. Oddly, they
were 5 of one colour and 1 of another (all the same colour would at least
have made sense, or 2-3 of each colour if it had been leaned against a
radiator, or something!).

I grumbled at them, and they sent a replacement (totally out of season, so
presumably a leftover) - and /all/ of them were ropey and died. I gave up
at that point.

But of the original ones, we sold a lot at the school fete, and my next door
neighbour got some lovely plants from it.

We have used this supplier in the past with excellent results, top quality
seed potatoes and good selection too.
http://www.jbaseedpotatoes.co.uk/

Last few years we've bought ours at Hampshire, and topped up with Wilkinsons
or HomeBargains items. Planted way fewer than normal last year and have
very few left now, which is a bit of a novelty for us!