Old 28-12-2011, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Request for advice on Gardening above 1000 feet

harry wrote in
:

So have you lived at such altitudes? I have. So p**s off, there's a
good chap.

1000ft can be the difference between a foot of snow and nothing at
all.
It can mean a temperature five deg C lower than on the valley floor.
On exposed sites, wind chill/burn is a major factor also.
I have seen radiation frosts in June quite frequently.

On hills, in high rainfall areas, the fine particles are washed out of
soil leaving the coarse behind (ie sand).

harry,

Your attitude is getting worse. You have always had valid points for us,
but can you tell them to us without the insults! Before you say it-yes I
have been an arse too!

Baz