Old 28-12-2011, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Request for advice on Gardening above 1000 feet

Have you looked at the Alternative Energy Centre near Macchynlleth?
They're not as high as you, but they did create a veg garden out of,
basically, slate. *I saw it in the early days (1970s) when I remember
some unhappy looking soya beans in a bed of slate chippings, and again
15 years later when the veg were flourishing. They might have some
advice for you.

--
kay

Almost right Kay, its actualy The Centre for Alternative Technology,
Llwyngwern Quarry, Pantperthog, Machynlleth, SY20 9AZ
,
http://www.cat.org.uk/
I've visited them several times over the years and have seen the place
change a lot over around 25 years,
Well worth a visit if you are in the area.
David