Old 28-12-2011, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Request for advice on Gardening above 1000 feet

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:38:34 GMT, Baz wrote:

We find that stuff just takes a season or three to get

established,
combination of the lower temps and short season. Things may even
appear to have died but come back after missing a season.

Having read all of this thread, I wonder why you live there.

Because it's a wonderful place to live... With a population of only
just over 2,000 we know, at least by sight most people, crime is
almost non-existant, the place pulls together as a community when the
going gets tough.

It would definatly make me want a "normal life" in normal conditions.

But "normal life" is just so boring, living in a rabbit hutch in a
street after street of rabbit hutches. Yes, it can be a bit bleak and
we might not be able to get down to town let alone off the moor for a
day or two each winter but so what? We have enough food stocks to
last at least a week and decent backups for cooking lighting and
heating should the power fail. That was off for 36hrs just before
Christmas, not convient but no great hassle.

--
Cheers
Dave.