Old 30-12-2011, 12:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Pole Saw Advice

On 12/29/2011 12:20 PM, FredAt wrote:
John McGaw;945925 Wrote:
On 12/28/2011 11:06 PM, FredAt wrote:-
Hello All,

I need to cut four small hazelnut trees growing on an embankment near
my
house. From what I can judge they are around 2-3m in height and the
thickest branches are around 30-40mm in diameter.

snip...
I have found Fiskars pole saws in my local DIY stores. Is it really
feasible to hold and manipulate a pole that is 2+m long?

I find that the Fiskars pole saw is fairly easy to handle even when
extended to its maximum length (closer to 4m) and I am not what you'd call
an outstanding physical specimen. The only real problem I've had is when
I've tried to reach a limb for sawing that necessitates holding both of my
arms high overhead and grasping just the end of the pole. Clearly I'm
trying to do more than the saw is meant for but it certainly does tell me
the next morning which muscles I abused in doing it. Within the saw's
intended range -- no problems.