Old 30-12-2011, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Wellies

On Dec 30, 2:09*pm, Baz wrote:
mogga wrote :

Reinforced bit in the bottom for digging a good idea or not?

You would feel the benefit after a long day digging, as do the labourers at
my place of work! You can work harder, and longer.

Baz

As one who lives in wellies, I go for Nora, they are plastic and
light, no lining, so if they get dirty inside you can wash them out
and dry them. They are not cheap but they are good, I've been wearing
them for over 40 years (No not the same pair)
As I am in them for around 10 hours a day I go for lightness,
If you are worried about diging in them then an old answer to that was
to get a couple of bits of old hose pipe around 3 inches long, slice
down the length and slip them one each side over the top of the blade
of the spade.
If you have old hose around then the cost is nothing and easy to
replace as required.
David