Old 31-12-2011, 01:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Encounter with a queen wasp

To add to last week.
I got some logs delivered for my woodburner and the next day I was bringing
5 or so inside last thing at night (as you do)
I just got inside the house with them when I felt the most amazing pain in
the end of one of my fingers. I dropped the logs which luckily missed my
recently broken ankle.
I didn't know it was a wasp, but I suspected it, and I had forgotten how
much a wasp sting hurt. It's years since I had a sting and this was a big
saved up all the poison one that has been painful for 4 days.
Anyway she crawled out on my carpet away from the logs.

Part of me wanted to stamp on her. I didn't. I gathered her up on some
wood and put her outside. No doubt to go back to my woodheap. I like wasps.
Normally.

Tina

Anyw