Old 31-12-2011, 08:21 PM
deb13b deb13b is offline
Registered User

Default Mushrooms on plum tree

My mum has an old plum tree in her garden, probably 20 years or more old. It has always produced loads of fruit until a so-called tree surgeon hacked it back early this year. It's been pretty grim looking since then. Today she noticed the trunk and branches are covered in mushrooms. ( Pic is below. ) It has been several days since she was near the tree so she's not sure how long they have been there.

I've been googling but the only similar thing I found was mushrooms growing round the base of the trunk, not all over. Will this tree have to be cut down ? Or is there something to treat it with ? Mums also worried it will spread to her other fruit trees.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this !
Attached Thumbnails
Mushrooms on plum tree-dsc00667.jpg