Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Mulching new veggie beds in windy location

harry wrote in news:26e78d18-c7b5-4306-bfc0-
:

If it's that windy, you want to be thinking about fixing up some
windbreaks.
You will never get stuff to grow without.

Well, it mainly gets very windy in Winter, when I have no vegetabes
growing. The only problem I had last Summer was when my bean poles got
blown over. I will have to devise a more sturdy beanpole structure for next
season.

Going back to the sheet mulching topic, I am thinking of buying a large
piece of the woven polypropelene weed membrane to cover both my vegetable
beds.

Will this preclude me from growing potatoes (or at least, being able to
harvest them easily)? If anyone has grown pototoes under weed membrane, I'd
like to read how you harvest them...

Al

Best wishes for 2012, everyone.