Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default the beans

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 03:09:02 -0500, songbird
wrote:

The Cook wrote:
songbird wrote:

for sweet peppers next year we'd like to grow
some of the red peppers for a change of pace.

have you grown the red kind of jalapenos?

Jalapenos are like bell peppers, leave them on the plant and they turn
red.

ah, ok, i did see a package of seeds for
them and they were red instead of green
so i was wondering if they were a different
variety or not. the sweet green peppers
we grow do not turn red when they get
older, they turn dark brown and they taste
rather icky too.

Get California Wonder Bell peppers and Jalapeno N. You may have to
start these inside The instructions on my envelopes say to start
indoors 8 weeks before last frost. Set out when soil temps are at
least 55°F. It probably takes 75 days to mature fruit.

You should probably check with your county extension agent for
varieties that do well in your area.

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills