Old 03-01-2012, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Encounter with a queen wasp

"Spider" wrote in message

Ouch! That's very unfortunate, Tina, but I'm glad you spared it's life. I
was stung by a wasp in the garden years ago and it was incredibly painful.
I was in shock, and felt unwell for about five days. Like you, though, I
like them and frequently rescue them from being trapped indoors, or
drowning. They are very useful insects. It's a pity they eat spiders,
though :~{

I hope your finger is getting better.

Took 7 days but OK now.