Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Encounter with a queen wasp

Sacha wrote:
I was stung by a wasp in the garden years ago and it was incredibly
painful. I was in shock, and felt unwell for about five days. Like you,
though, I like them and frequently rescue them from being trapped indoors,
or drowning. They are very useful insects.
Spider

And they attack and rob bee-hives :-(

But the bees gang up and kill them. I watched my bees do it and very
Hitchcock it was. Of course, the trouble is, the bees die, too. ;-(

Nick lost his queen before CHristmas to a wasp attack. He was given a new
one just after Christmas, but the hive didn't take to her, and 2 days later
she was dead too. :-(