Old 04-01-2012, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Chickens

In message

On 2012-01-03 18:34:17 +0000, said:

Have decided to bite the bullet and get some chickens in the
spring after I do some garden preparation first, we had six
chickens some years ago (but not here) so know what to expect and
what is involved etc, just not sure what type to go for.
Last time we had bantams, I am thinking of getting about four to
start with and maybe add another couple later on.

I am bit concerned about the fact we are surrounded by neighbours
and hens can sometimes be quite vocal especially when laying an
egg.

Stephen.

We have 2 Amrocks, 2 New Hampshire Reds and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes.
We have also 6 Light Sussex which are docile, attractive and good
layers, much the best among the lot!

Wow even more hens I've not herd of, at least I now know what to
look out for, I'll keep you posted and thanks to all for the
advice given so far.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk