Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Treasure!

On 2012-01-03 20:37:23 +0000, said:

Janet Tweedy wrote:
It slithered through my hand and I shot to the surface !

When Tom was training as an army diver in Bomb Disposal he surfaced
only
to find an eel attached to the side of his hand! He had the scar
forever
more!

I didn't know eels did damage! Are they like, dunno, giant leeches or
something, then?

Have you seen the teeth on an eel??! As children, we used to swim past
large holes in rocks and scare each other witless with tales of congers!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Congers! Now you're talking

Bill

Preferably not when they are. "Smile politely, say 'yes madam' and back
away from the conger". And go home to grow marigolds so you can use the
petals on conger soup!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Conger soup? That's a new one for me :-)

Bill