Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Help! Can anyone identify this mystery plant growing in my indoor garden?

Sorry for the bad quality, my camera refuses to focus on the right area

-
HipsterKitteh

That is a problem with many "point and shoots". I'm not saying Pat
and Shelton are not correct in their context of what they are saying
but I have a much different view of the issues and some solutions, If
you want help with any future pics, ask and let me know what camera
you have so I can get you specific advice, otherwise, some quick reads
that may help are located he http://www.photonhead.com/photographytips/
and he http://www.photonhead.com/beginners/

FYI, Your camera focused on the pot's rims and dirt behind the
subject, (the stem is too small a reference point to grab on for most
auto focus), and your about 1/2-2/3s of a stop off. Kicking up your
ISO and stepping back, zoom in if you can, shoot and then crop post-
production will help some. Also, do use something of known reference
in your pic when asking for help. The plant tag laying down only
served to screw up your dynamic range, blowing out your highlights.