Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Eric Muehlbauer

Default E-bay orchid observations

That's happened to me several times...I've won paphs on ebay and they
turned out to be spiking when I received them, even though that was not
in the description. While I agree that calling a plant an FCC etc when
its really just the offspring of an awarded plant is very poor form, I
am more forgiving of spelling errors or growers comments that come
straight out of a very general book. Most of these sellers are hobbyists
like me, and while I consider myself very knowlageable in some areas, I
am not in others...and these guys are just like me. Overall, while I
have had some minor disappointments from Ebay, I have never felt that I
was ripped off, and I have received some very good deals....like the guy
who sent me 2 blooming size crosses of Freckles x bellatulum, although I
won only 1, along with a bellatulum seedling and a BS Lunacy...all for
less than $50....and this guy never appeared on Ebay again. Again, I am
selective...some plants I will bid on simply because I am familiar with
the seller and know that I can trust him/her and get a good deal. I will
be happy to vouch for any particular seller I have dealt with if anyone
contacts me...offlist, of course. Take care, Eric Muehlbauer