Old 07-01-2012, 06:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_2_] Farm1[_2_] is offline

Default Straw Bale Gardening

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Billy wrote:
(Dick Adams) wrote:

Anyone here into straw bale gardening?
Like to read opinions on it before I try it.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/straw_bale_garden.htm

Of all the approaches I seen to straw bale gardening,
Len's is the most different as he has one large bed
rather than north-south rows to optimize direct sunlight
for each row. But then he's in Queensland which gets
more direct sunlight than is available on the cold side
of the frost line.

We do share some equal problems though. He has roos and
rabbits while I have deer and rabbits.

Len lives in suburbia now so he doesnn't have problems from roos or rabbits.