Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Snowdrops are poking through

In article ,
says...

Just the ordinary ones.
It always cheers me up to see them coming, they usually flower here in Leics
near the end of January.
I have some beautiful doubles that I got from Germany, they seem to be
always later, no sign of them yet.
Winter weather in Germany is so dire, you'd think they appreciate the UK
weather and be up first ;-)

Tina

Some of our snowdrops were up over an inch before Christmas. When I
looked yesterday, you could just begin to see the white on the buds.
They are as far as I recall about 4/5 weeks early for us.

I also noticed that a summer flowering clematis is shooting already!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales