Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Pat is offline

Default Straw Bale Gardening

"PhoenixWench" wrote
On 1/6/2012 6:04 PM, Dick Adams wrote:

Also I just learned that peppers are perennials! So if they winter
indoors, they will prosper again the next spring. This is great
news - expecially here in the Land of the damnyankee Snow."

Really!? I'll have to try that next fall - all mine are already compost
this year :-/

Tomatoes also. I had one I was protecting from frost that lasted almost to
the middle of December here in Missouri. It was too big to move indoors
intact, but I cut it into pieces and made a whole bunch of new plants out of
it.