Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Straw Bale Gardening

Pat wrote:
"PhoenixWench" wrote
Dick Adams wrote:

Also I just learned that peppers are perennials! So if they winter
indoors, they will prosper again the next spring. This is great
news - expecially here in the Land of the damnyankee Snow."

Really!? I'll have to try that next fall - all mine are already compost
this year :-/

Tomatoes also. I had one I was protecting from frost that lasted almost
to the middle of December here in Missouri. It was too big to move indoors
intact, but I cut it into pieces and made a whole bunch of new plants out
of it.

That is terrific!!

How much light did they get indoors?

I will protect you by not refusing to disclose your e-mail address
my childbride when my basement becomes a greenhouse or when I tell
her why we need greenhouse.

This is a great newsgroup.

Dick
--