Old 09-01-2012, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Chickens

On Jan 9, 10:24*am, wrote:
In message
* * * * * wrote:

wrote:
Turned out (I found when I cut them open, not bit into,
fortunaetly) the last was a meat one. *:-( Got a 5 pound voucher
to compensate. *(Which was nice. *Although when almost exactly
the same thing happened in the early 90s with me and Tesco, they
sent 25 pound voucher! *That's recession for you, I guess!)

I suppose the refund would depend on the value of the item, the
pasties would come under FFPP which stand for Fresh Food Pre-Pack
which is not prepared in-sore so that would not really be the
fault of the store but they would still be held responsible
because they sold it.

Ah,but when it happened at Tesco many years earlier, it was
/exactly the same thing/, except it was 1 pasty, not 4. *Although
the tesco one was chicken tikka, which actually made me feel ill,
cos I bit into it, and I really can't do anything Indian-spiced.
:-(

I bought a pizza from the West Kirby store

First time I hit the pavement during driving lessons was coming
out of that car park and turning left! *My driving instructor was
shrieking at me, and I couldn't figure out what at. *Totally
missed seeing that weird jutting out bit of kerb.

The kerb does stick out especially if you are turning left out the
car park, turning right is easier.

which was in the normal cardboard box but when opened and cooked
it was off, I think the box had become unfrozen and then refrozen,
this happens all the time, but you can't check everything.

I must admit, I worry about wehether things in supermarket
freezers have stayed frozen all the time or not, given how many
times I spot them hanging around in the wrong place (ie, in the
fridge). *How often, I wonder, does someone pick something up
that has been put in the wrong place and put it back? *Or even
carried around in a basket for an hour or two then put back cos
they don't want it? *Before even thinking about the shop doing
something wrong.

I shudder to think about what goes on in some stores that we don't
know about.

Anyway back on topic, does anyone know what variety these chickens
are? I don't recognise them but folk here might.

http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.c...e/chickens.jpg

Stephen.

--http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsula.
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble". Henry Royce- Hide quoted text -

Look like Silkies to me
David