Old 09-01-2012, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snow

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:08:31 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

* On average the coldest weather occurs in late January.

Up here it's end of February that is normally the worst. But then we
are always behind the rest of the country, don't expect to have our
first daffs until those in Devon are over.

* We've just had three months of freakishly mild weather - we can't
expect this to continue indefinitely.

Mid December was a bit nippy, 6" to a foot of nasty wet sticky snow
that brought down powerlines and snapped a few poles. No power for 36
hrs.

--
Cheers
Dave.