Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Snow

In message , Martin
writes
On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:08:31 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 14:24:46 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In message , Baz
writes
Martin wrote in
om:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:59:38 GMT, Baz wrote:

Just a few comming down here in N.Lincs. But it has started.

It is spring in south/Zuid Holland. I hope we aren't going to get your
weather soon.
http://www.yr.no forecasts frost on 16-1-12 & 17-1-12

Let us hope not(fingers, toes, and legs crossed)

You can't realistically hope to get through the next couple of months
without any frosts.

We've only had three nights with sub zero temperatures since September
2011.

* On average the coldest weather occurs in late January.
* We've just had three months of freakishly mild weather - we can't
expect this to continue indefinitely.

We had one year in the mid noughties when we had no frost at all.

Son of a friend was eleven before he saw snow locally, back in the late
60s.
--
hugh