Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Aaron Hicks

Default E-bay orchid observations

"John G. Talpa" spaketh thusly:

And, you didn't even mention that all elusive 'Rare' orchid that somehow
is available, in quantity, on ebay. The term is now so flagrant that
'Rare' usually means you are going to get taken if you bid!

It can. :-) Searching for "rare" orchids on eBay can burn you.

However, I will note the following. Some of the first offerings of
a newly discovered gongora were on eBay. And the first listing- anywhere,
ever- of Tridactyle truncatiloba for sale was on eBay. I don't take the
use of the word "rare" lightly in my listings. Ditto with "unusual," "not
often seen in cultivation," and "infrequently seen in cultivation."

Rare stuff is what we do. And common stuff. And everything between
the poles. I just avoid the hype in the listings.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ