Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default How to keep birds off sweetcorn and other veg?

"AL_n" wrote in
:

Last year, birds ate all my sweetcorn before it had a chance to grow
and ripen. What are some inexpensive ways to prevent or repel birds
from eating my corn and other vegetables?

Thanks...

Al

Tinfoil dangled on a bit of string works, up to a point, when they get used
to it they may scoff anyway.
You could try getting a stuffed bird of prey, and positioning it in a
threatening posture.
IME cover them with netting and your garden will look like an advertisement
as such!
Netting? I hate it, but that is the only way. And expensive!

Baz