Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Winter Bramley apples!

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
r...
The Bramley apple tree flowered in late autumn and now has some small
fruits growing. Should I allow them to grow or remove them?

I'm still picking and eating passion flower fruits at the moment!

Only had light frosts so far plus rain, rain and more rain. Normally the
ground is rock hard by this time of year and snow. Some daffodils are
flowering and a carnation has a lovely pink bloom too.

Lots of white flies about though. From what I've heard they are likely to
be a major problem this year unless there are some hard frosts soon to
help kill them off.

Let them grow - could be a once in a lifetime chance to get two crops.
I am assuming they won't interfere with next year's blossom.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)