Old 12-01-2012, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default How to keep birds off sweetcorn and other veg?

wrote in
:

CT wrote:
Last year, birds ate all my sweetcorn before it had a chance to grow
and ripen. What are some inexpensive ways to prevent or repel birds
from eating my corn and other vegetables?

I use fleece for seeds and netting for fruit/veg that's a bit more
grown up. Try eBay for cheapness.

I throw netting (the more robust stuff, then reuse it each year,
rather than the pea netting, which rips) over fruit.

Never had birds eat sweetcorn before. You sure it's not rats? (OP,
not CT)

I'm not 100% sure. I assumed it was birds, because the cobs were
(naturally) above ground level...

Al