Old 13-01-2012, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Spuds!

Vicky wrote

We are trying out T&M potatoes this year instead of trekking down to
Hampshire. They arrived today. Had completely forgotten what we had
ordered. Turns out it was:

20 King Edwards
20 Kestrel
20 Maris Piper
20 Lady Christl
20 Desiree
20 Cara
20 Charlotte
20 Rocket

Think we've had them all before, except the Charlotte + Maris Piper.

Going to try (yet again) to keep a better record/journal of things this
year.

We will be trekking down to Hampshire as usual, makes a day out with friends
anyway. 160 seed potatoes sounds a bit excessive but if you have a large
family and the land why not. Can't grow King Edwards to a decent size as our
soil contains a lot of clay which they don't like, always grow Kestral
though.
We will be after...
FE. Inova & Printaline
SE. Kestral
MC. Victoria & Romano
Although both Victoria and Romano seem hard to get hold of these days even
at the potato day.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.