Old 13-01-2012, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Spuds!

Janet Tweedy wrote:
We are trying out T&M potatoes this year instead of treking down to
Hampshire. They arrived today. Had completely forgotten what we had
ordered. Turns out it was:

20 King Edwards
20 Kestrel
20 Maris Piper
20 Lady Christl
20 Desiree
20 Cara
20 Charlotte
20 Rocket

Good grief, do you have several allotments then to put them all in?

We have 1.5 allotments, but that will probably cover about 1/4 of a full
plot. We experimented with growing in bags last year, which means we ended
up with a lot fewer actual spuds in the end. Going to try it again (made it
an /awful/ lot easier to dig up!!), but planting a lot deeper and earthing
up a lot more this time.