Old 13-01-2012, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Spuds!

Janet Tweedy wrote:
We have 1.5 allotments, but that will probably cover about 1/4 of a full
plot. We experimented with growing in bags last year, which means we ended
up with a lot fewer actual spuds in the end. Going to try it again (made it
an /awful/ lot easier to dig up!!), but planting a lot deeper and earthing
up a lot more this time.

Blimey, you must go into mourning if blight comes early

We haven't, touch wood, had serious blight on the potatoes so far. Last
year was horrid when we got early blight in the greenhouse, though! :'(