Old 13-01-2012, 06:13 PM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
thinking of purchasing a couple hundred pound of worm castings for
fertilizing vegetable garden........worms are fed peat.......I understand
peat is somewhat acidic, could this be a problem?

personally that's NUTS! my all time highest price per bag that i'll pay is $4.00. (chicken manure is around $3.69/bag)

30 lbs is right around 1 cu ft. not a huge bag at all. .. just heavy'ish.

1 cu foot is about the size of every bag of manure/compost you'll find any more. . .

so $20 for one bag is way out of my budget.

i'd skip that as a source.

post on freecycle for rabbit poop or chicken poop. that's what i did last year - it's in my compost pile composting away . . .it'll be no good when you get it - just add it to your kitchen compost - and the rabbit poop will heat your 'broken' pile right up.
Fruit Trees