Old 13-01-2012, 06:19 PM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Haskell View Post
Treated some overwatered, root mite and gnat infested houseplants
with the commonly recommended 1:4 ratio H2O2 : water mix after
first letting them dry out for a couple of days. Damn if it didn't
bring
them back from the dead. They've gone from scrawny to flourishing,
in less than 72 hours. I'm tempted to give them a light sip (tsp
H2O2
per cup of water) every time I water them from now on. How much
is too much?

FWIW, yes, I read the earlier posts about how peroxide is a waste of
money in the garden, kills beneficial fungii, nematodes, etc. And I
agree. This is for decidedly inorganic container plants, however.

Sara in Atlanta said she stores 35% H2O2 in the freezer. In one manufacturer's write up this is specifically warned against lest it break down. Storage is recommended in a dark cool place like the refrigerator where the loss of potency per year is minor - according to them about 1% or so per year."
Fruit Trees