Old 14-01-2012, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default question about worm castings

On Jan 11, 8:35*pm, wrote:
.........worms are fed peat.......I understand
peat is somewhat acidic, could this be a problem?

Probably not. However, it would depend on your soil's present pH and
composition and your environment. So any answer is a guess without
knowing that info. Most worm casting in my area of the PNW is ~ 6.5
-7.5 & my veg bed soils range from ~ 5.4 -6.2 .

There is an article in the below wormdigest.org on worm bin pH and
peat if your interested.

Do have to say that is a bit spendy to buy couple of hundred weight

Some helpful info:
http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/topic/vermic.../castings.html
http://www.wormdigest.org/