Old 15-01-2012, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default big frost gets pheasnts

On 15/01/2012 00:32, Christina Websell wrote:
Got two cock pheasants here. One in my garden and one over the fence next
door within a foot of the other, they did not fight as as unable to, but
they eyeballed each other.
Cock pheasants fight as bad as chicken boys do.

I did not get the feeling they wanted to fight, and they didn't even when
then were in the same space.

My neighbour has had one which she encourages by feeding, for several
years. Be aware they can become very territorial and aggressive, to the
extent that entering your own garden can be a problem.