Old 15-01-2012, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default big frost gets pheasnts

In article ,
says...

Got two cock pheasants here. One in my garden and one over the fence next
door within a foot of the other, they did not fight as as unable to, but
they eyeballed each other.
Cock pheasants fight as bad as chicken boys do.

I did not get the feeling they wanted to fight, and they didn't even when
then were in the same space.

Being in an area where pheasants are bred for shooting, there are loads
of them around here. Never seen the boys fighting. I suspect it depends
on how much food is available, if there is plenty to go round, no
problem, otherwise it is a case of survival.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales