Old 15-01-2012, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Gurr Phil Gurr is offline

Default big frost gets pheasnts

On 2012-01-15 00:32:58 +0000, "Christina Websell"
said:

Got two cock pheasants here. One in my garden and one over the fence
next
door within a foot of the other, they did not fight as as unable to, but
they eyeballed each other.
Cock pheasants fight as bad as chicken boys do.

I did not get the feeling they wanted to fight, and they didn't even when
then were in the same space.

We used to get them here but either they're all in the pot or our dogs
scared them off, or both. When they started fighting it was scary to see
those spurs lined up!

They are bred about ten miles from here (Skibo Castle) for rich Americans to
shoot (when they're not shooting each other!). The brighter ones rapidly
migrate here (where there is no shooting) and soon become tamer. About ten
in the garden this morning to be fed, the usual two cocks and eight hens.
The two cocks are more timid but do not fight and feed together. The hens
are very tame and would come into the house if I were to let them.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland, 40 miles north of Inverness