Old 15-01-2012, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default big frost gets pheasnts

"Christina Websell" wrote

Got two cock pheasants here. One in my garden and one over the fence next
door within a foot of the other, they did not fight as as unable to, but
they eyeballed each other.
Cock pheasants fight as bad as chicken boys do.

I did not get the feeling they wanted to fight, and they didn't even when
then were in the same space.

When we were walking round Kew gardens last week we saw a beautiful
(purebred) Golden Pheasant Cock in the bushes, never seen one of those
before at Kew although they do have them, or hybrids of, at their Wakehurst
Garden. Perhaps they have imported some to Kew. He just sat there in the
dappled sun not bothered at all by us or the other visitors that then turned
up, no sign of his girls. The one I've never seen in person is a Lady
Amherst's Pheasant, pictures show it as stunningly beautiful in not such a
gaudy way as a Golden.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.