Old 20-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Malcolm

Default Cats and Rabies

In article , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Charlie
writes
Well, we had to have all ours done (two dogs and a cat) before they were 12
weeks old. Maybe things have changed recently.

For rabies???
Ours never have been - they've been vaccinated against cat flu and the
other similar thing and against 'cat HIV', but I've never seen a vet
offering rabies jabs as routine.

But then you did mention pedigree, and my cats certainly aren't that.

Well our dog is and had the usual jab at about 8 weeks to guard against
distemper, parvovirus and a few other things and gets an annual booster.
I've never heard of routine vaccination against rabies for cats or dogs
in this country unless they are going abroad. Shome mishtake, shurely?

--
Malcolm