Old 16-01-2012, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Ceanothus cuttings

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
Semi ripe cuttings will root under mist at almost any time so long as
the plant is not in flower, mist with bottom heat works best, plastic
bag over a pot method tends to defoliate the cuttings and is not
normally successful.
If you can wait they root quite easily in a cold frame over winter
taken about October

I'd love to get a mister I already have a heated deep sand tray. (I put
my stuff in straight into sharp sand and old compost seems to work jolly
well)
Anyway my question is: what is the best mister fro a small set up? Don't
want to spend umpteen pounds on some phenomenally huge commercial thing
but wondered if you had any pointers as to make etc.
The deep tray thing I got from 2 west's. But presumably you need a water
source or something?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph