Old 16-01-2012, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods[_2_] Gary Woods[_2_] is offline

Default Asparagus help

OK, so after 30 years, it's time to replace the aging asparagus bed. I'm
both cheap and optimistic, so plan to start from seed, started in the
greenhouse, to a nursery bed, to their final home next year.
"Jersey Knight" is touted as being mostly male and to do well in heavy
soil, which appeals to me, since the rocks in the garden are bound together
with clay...
Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?